Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Forming Friendships: Mixed Media Arts on Facebook ART DOLL CHALLENGE

What an amazing exhilarating day yesterday was! As many of you might know already, I participated [and co-hosted] in our first challenge in our Mixed Media Arts on Facebook group, called "Forming Friendships" We were each partnered with another member and we each made an Art Doll to introduce ourselves to each other and start building friendships within our group.

I was paired with Roberta Laliburte, aka Prairie Fairie, from Manitoba, Canada! Already I was admiring her work and her online tutorials... so uplifting and creative! So I set to work on my first art doll, Caora Louise was the result of that...

Yesterday... My art doll arrived from Roberta... The moment I first glimpsed those heart shaped lips smiling at me I was hooked!! She is the most beautiful creature of all my own prairie fairie, Lilliana Rose!! She even came with her own lolly decorated with ribbons...

She is just exquisite!! So beautiful... So well crafted. Her paper clothing that is sculpted into place... Her sparkles... her fiery red hair... and those eyes.... Every time I look at her she seems to have a different expression!!

"In Celtic Spiritual tradition, it is believed that the soul radiates all about the physical body, what some refer to as an aura. When you connect with another person and become completely open and trusting with that individual, your two souls begin to flow together. Should such a deep bond be formed, it is said you have found your Anam Cara or soul friend.

Your Anam Cara always accepts you as you truly are, holding you in beauty and light. In order to appreciate this relationship, you must first recognize your own inner light and beauty. This is not always easy to do. The Celts believed that forming an Anam Cara friendship would help you to awaken your awareness of your own nature and experience the joys of others." - John O'Donahue

I am just so grateful. For this whole process! For this wonderful group of Artists. ♥ I LOVE my Lillianna Rose!! And all the processes that brought her into my life. What a Gift this truly is. ♥




Here, also, is a link to Lilliana Rose's official photoshoot: 

"Lillianna Rose" by Roberta Laliburte 

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.517388224955856.128405.100000540493765&type=1


Also be sure to check out Roberta's own site and all her beautiful renderings!! 

2 comments:

  1. Your blog looks AMAZING Alix! I love it! Especially the background with all your lovely artwork on it <3 I subscribed so I can finally get your updates too ;) Roberta's doll is so beautiful (well, your doll now!) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha... thank you! I crammed everything in there... Its so hard to design for myself. I can easily do it for other folk, but I am struggling to develop my own page!! LOL - I just wanted something a little more personal for now...

    I Love my Lily Rose! She sits beside me and just smiles at me serenely... I SWEAR she has different expressions!! I saw mirthful wit the other night!! And then calm and soothing this morning... She is magic!! ♥

    ReplyDelete